Christy Gamache

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Winter Hits!


Wow....the snow is here and I think I'm ready for it! My heaters are on full blast (why not when my apartment building has unlimited heat!), the snow tires are on my car and my winter jackets are unpacked. The only thing that remains is to take my skis out of my storage shed and put them to good use (note the beautiful mountains in the picture...site of the 1972 Olympics and just a 20 minute drive away!). I can't say that there wasn't a little bit of dread when the snow first fell...just thinking of the next five months of snow-shovelling, windowshield scraping, careful driving, coldness etc. had me cringing. In Hokkaido, there is none of this snow-and-melt-two-days-later thing that B.C. has going on. But, I'll deal with it and make the most of it!

1 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to being there with you in just a few more months -- in time to turn down the heat and unpack your summer clothes! Love you, Mom P.S. Happy American Thanksgiving to you and all your wonderful new friends there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home