Christy Gamache

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Northern Horse Park

Last weekend Momoko, Saori, Keiko and I went to the Northern Horse Park in Tomakomai. From the name I was expecting it to just be some big park with a bunch of horses. I should know by now to never expect so little from Japan! It turned out to be an incredibly beautiful park, with (of course) many horses, big barns and huge rolling fields. But, it also had many other things like a golf course, mini-golf, go-karts, a big lodge, restaurant, carriage rides, and a pottery studio. Saturday was pretty rainy so we stuck to the indoor activities. First we had a fabulous buffet lunch. It was definitely hard for me to restrain my Canadian-sized appetite down to the socially acceptable Japanese-sized appetite! After lunch we made pottery in a big studio. So, a great day with very fun friends : )

Momoko, Saori and Keiko making fabulous pieces of art!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home