Christy Gamache

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Dad's visit

It's been over 2 1/2 months since I left Japan and I'm finally getting back to my blog. These past couple of months have been a blur of readjusting to Canadian life, catching up with family and friends, planning for the wedding, getting married, honeymooning, and settling into a new life in Hawaii.
Anyways, I thought I should at least finish up by showing a few pictures from my last couple of weeks in Japan.
Just two weeks before I left, my dad came to visit for 10 days. Although I was working most of the time, we did find a few days to go exploring and go out for Japanese dinners etc. So, here are a few pictures to show some of our adventures.


Dinner out at "Sally's" house....Sally is her English name, and I'm not even sure what her Japanese name is! But, she is like the mother to all exchange/foreigner students and teachers in Ishikari.

















Dinner at Arata-sensei's house....one of my dear Japanese teachers. She prepared such a feast for us.


















The exchange of gifts...

















My church had an outdoor service that week.

















And afterwards we went and played "Park Golf", which is bigger than mini-golf, but smaller than Pitch'n'Putt. Very fun!

















We also hiked a mountain.....and yes, as some of you may have heard, I thought I was going to die, not from the difficulty of it, but because I thought that one of the ropes I was using to pull myself up the near vertical cliffs was going to give way and I was going to plummet to my death! Needless to say, I survived and it was very fun : )


































Dad also visited school with me and all the kids thought he was very "kakoii!!" (cool), and they also all thought he was my husband! I'm not sure if I should be offended, or if my dad should be flattered!
Here he is with some of my grade 9 boys.
















In addition to all of this, my dad also helped me pack up/clean up my house in preparation for leaving. Thanks dad for the good memories and all the help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home